Baker Library's expert data specialists have deep experience with business, economic and social science data and databases, and we can help you with everything from finding and vetting sources, to analyzing your data, to archiving and storage. We will make sure to get you the right data, add value to the data, and save you time.
Do you need to:
- Find data? We can help you find the best source for your needs, whether it is something freely available, available at Harvard, needs to be purchased, or needs to be created from scratch.
- Buy data? We will vet the vendor for reliability and negotiate the appropriate contract and best price for you. We will help you unpack the data when it arrives and put it into the optimum format for your project.
- Gather/Create data? Our experts know the ins and outs of the various licensed and freely available business and economic databases. We can download or scrape data for you, merge it, clean it, and prepare it for your analysis.
- Analyze your data? We can help you with pilot studies, methodological and statistical consultations, and provide services for analyzing and visualizing your data.
- Share your data? We can help you with metadata creation and data deposit in a secure repository, like HBS Dataverse or ICPSR. We will make your data discoverable by other academics.
- Archive your data and surrounding research records? The HBS Archives is the repository for research and teaching records of HBS faculty and has been collecting research data since the founding of the school. Please contact Rachel Wise, HBS Archivist, for more information.
Alex Caracuzzo, Senior Manager, Baker Research Services