About this Database
Data on public and private companies, investment firms, capital transactions, and people. Provides sophisticated retrieval and personalization tools to create numerous reports.
- Current Harvard affiliates: Login with HarvardKey to access. You will be directed to Harvard Key authentication (SSO). If you have trouble accessing with your HarvardKey, clear your browser cache completely or use an incognito/private browser window. Contact Baker Library if you have continuing issues.
- HBS Executive Education participants currently enrolled in AMP, GMP, OPM, PLD and SELP: Email email@example.com to request an account.
- Access Capital IQ in Stamps Reading Room (HBS Only)
Need a Capital IQ overview? Check out our multimedia learning module, Learn with Baker Library - Capital IQ Introduction
Or, Access our Fast Answers on Capital IQ for how-to instructions on using Capital IQ for specific tasks.
Capital IQ's academic license does not allow for use in conjunction with any outside organization, including for internships and field studies.
WRDS access includes: CIQ Key Developments, CIQ People Intelligence, and CIQ Capital Structure. Use the Compustat-Capital IQ link within WRDS to access these datasets.
- Transactions provide details on mergers and acquisitions and IPOs.
- Key Developments provide structured summaries of material news and events that may affect the market value of securities. It monitors over 100 Key Development types including executive changes, M&A rumors, changes in corporate guidance, delayed filings, SEC inquiries, and many more. Each Key Development item includes announced date, entered date, modified date, headline, situation summary, type, company role, and other identifiers. History depends on the specific event but generally back to the early 2000's. ( Key Developments Codes)
- People Intelligence covers over 4.5 million professionals and over 2.4 million people including private and public company executives, board members, and investment professionals, globally. Each professional in the Capital IQ database has a distinct profile which can include contact details, biography, education, job functions and titles, board memberships, compensation, insider activity, and options holdings.
- Capital Structure provides extensive debt capital structure for over 60,000 global public and private companies and equity capital structure data on over 80,000 active and inactive companies worldwide.