About this Database
Platform used to analyze financial data from global equity and fixed income markets. Coverage includes data and information on ownership and private equity and venture capital investments. It also includes SharkRepellent and Mergerstat data.
To access FactSet:
- Request an individual FactSet account using an HBS or HU email address (you will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours).
- Once you receive your confirmation email, log in at https://launch.factset.com.
- HBS MBA students - the default version is FactSet Connect (web version), but if you need the FactSet Workstation (with excel capabilities) reply to the account confirmation and request this access specifically.
- Masters/undergraduate students - must use FactSet Connect (web version). Select "Launch" under FactSet Connect.
- PhDs/faculty/staff - may use FactSet Connect (web version) OR FactSet Workstation desktop client. Select "Download" under Workstation to download the client software.