WRDS - Wharton Research Data Service
Description: WRDS is a warehouse of financial, accounting, banking, economics, management, marketing, and public policy databases accessible through a single Web-based interface.
WRDS is maintained by the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Its particular
strengths include deep archives of historical data, a common web interface for access to all
WRDS databases, and a variety of output file formats. File formats include fixed-format,
tab-delimited, comma-separated-values (csv), d-Base (dbf), SAS data sets and transport data sets,
and HTML tables. WRDS also permits logons, via SSH, to its UNIX servers for direct analysis of data
files with SAS, FORTRAN, or C.
WRDS provides access for HBS researchers only to those databases licensed explicitly by Harvard Business School. These do not include all WRDS databases. For a detailed breakdown of available data and date coverage, see the list of WRDS databases Harvard subscribes to at Harvard Subscriptions. Please contact Baker Research Services if you have questions about WRDS databases.
- Introduction to Compustat
- Finding a Time Series of Financial Data in Compustat
- Insider Data from Thomson Reuters Ownership (formerly Spectrum)
- Institutional Holdings Data from Thomson Reuters Ownership (formerly Spectrum)
- Introduction to CRSP Stock Price Data
- Locating Historical S&P 500 Constituents
- WRDS Guides After login, click on Support in the top right of screen.
Vendor Database Support
Authorized Harvard students, faculty, and staff only may request vendor-provided help desk contact information for this database at the Stamps Reading Room Service Desk.
Content Type: WRDS
- Current HU faculty, students, and staff
- Harvard University faculty, graduate students (including MBA students) and researchers can request a WRDS account
- HU undergraduates may use WRDS in the Financial Databases Room.
Use of this database implies acceptance of our Copyright and Licensing Restrictions.