SDC Platinum - Securities Data Company
Description: Provides detailed information on new issues, mergers and acquisitions, syndicated loans, private equity, and more for the global financial marketplace.
Some of the databases in SDC go back to the 1970s. However, it can typically be relied upon
to provide comprehensive data for at least the past ten to fifteen years. The database is
continuously updated, so you could find that a league table you downloaded a month ago using
the same search strategy might come up with different results today. Also, due to the
academic nature of HBS research, our subscription excludes data from the past month.
For more information see
Date Parameter Limitations.
Available in the Financial Databases Room.
What does this database offer?
- New corporate issues (Global New Issues)
- Mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Proxy fights (Corporate Governance)
- Venture capital (data is also available through Thomson ONE Banker.)
- Bankruptcies and exchange offers (Corporate Restructurings)
- Interface with extensive filtering and reporting capabilities, as well as a variety of standard reports and league tables
SDC Databases not available at Baker Library
(Current HBS subscription does not include these)
GLOBAL PUBLIC FINANCINGS
- U.S. and International Municipal New Issues
- Municipal Refunding Candidates
- Profiles of Municipal Issuers and Players in Municipal Markets
- Project Finance
- Poison Pills
SECURITIES BLOCK-TRADING DATA
- Database Descriptions
- Detailed M&A Database Description
- Detailed Global New Issues Database Description
- Generating League Tables
- Using the Analysis Function to Get Statistical Data on Deals and New Issues
Vendor Database Support
Authorized Harvard students, faculty, and staff only may request vendor-provided help desk contact information for this database at the Stamps Reading Room Service Desk.
Content Type: Financial Markets Data
- Current HU faculty, students, and staff in Baker
- HBS faculty may contact Baker Research Services
Use of this database implies acceptance of our Copyright and Licensing Restrictions.