Harvard University faculty, staff, and students may download the CIQ Excel plug-in by following these instructions.
- You must first have an active Capital IQ account. To sign up for an account, visit our Capital IQ page.
- Download the CIQ Excel plug-in:
- Go to Capital IQ and log in using one of the two links provided, depending on when you activated your account.
- Select Downloads from the My Capital IQ menu on the upper-left.
- Click Download Office Plug-In (New Installer) under Office Plug-in.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
- Install and login to the HUIT Virtual Private Network (VPN) for the plug-in to work. HBS affiliates may also use the HBS VPN if off-campus, OR if you are on campus, the HBS secure connections will allow access as well.
HBS users with accounts activated prior to 8/8/2018:
- You will need to set up a password for the Excel plug-in.*
- Go directly to http://www.capitalIQ.com . (Do not use links on library site).
- Click on Forgot Your Password?
- When prompted, enter your Harvard email address. (Do not use a personal email).
- You’ll then receive a link via your university email address, which you can click on to set a new password for use in Excel.
- PLEASE NOTE: Do not use the Forgot Your Password? button in Excel. This will not work. Please follow above instructions instead.
- Follow directions above beginning at Step 2 to download the plug-in.
- Users must use the HUIT Virtual Private Network (VPN) or the HBS VPN if off-campus, OR if you are on campus, use the HBS secure connections to connect with the plug-in.
* If you have an S&P Capital IQ Pro account, please use that username and password to use the Excel plug-in.
Users with accounts activated after 8/8/2018: Use your current password for Capital IQ to use the excel plug-in.
Contact Capital IQ Support for Help or Troubleshooting:
Capital IQ Support - 24/7/365
- Plug-in Compatibility Matrix