Baker staff is committed to providing timely acquisition of books, subscriptions, and other materials for faculty and staff research and office collections.
Common Material Types
- Journal and newspaper subscriptions (print or electronic)
- Memberships to professional organizations
- Video and audio recordings
Placing Orders/ Renewals
Self-service book orders
HBS faculty and staff can set up accounts and order books to be charged to their 33-digit account code. Click on the Login icon to register for an account using an HBS email.
Library staff mediated orders and renewals
Use the Purchase Order Form or email purchase or renewal requests to Book and subscription orders. Please include as much bibliographic information as you can and a Harvard charge code. Paper renewal notices can be sent to Julia Brav, Baker Library 123A
- Books: We will try to obtain the most recent, least expensive edition of an item unless otherwise specified. We will purchase used books on request or if a book is out of print. You will be notified if a book is out of print, delayed, not yet published, more than $200, or unavailable.
- New subscriptions: We will request that subscriptions begin with the next available issue unless you specify otherwise. We can get back issues of many journals.
- Subscription renewals: Send renewal notices to Julia Brav, Baker Library 123A.
- Materials are the property of HBS and will be delivered only to an on-campus address.
Usage and Delivery
- Permission is required for posting full-text. Contact Case Services for assistance.
- Materials are HBS property and will be dellivered only to an HBS address.
- Normal delivery time on books is 5-10 days. International and out of print titles may take longer.
- Faster deliveries are available. Select the desired shipping time on the purchase request form. Additional fees and shipping charges will apply ($10.00 minimum).
- New journal subscriptions generally take 4-6 weeks for delivery to begin.