Purchasing Journals / Books
Purchasing Materials for Faculty and Staff Offices
Baker staff is committed to providing timely acquisition of books, subscriptions, and other materials for faculty and staff research and office collections.
Placing Orders/ Renewals
- Use the Purchase Request Form.
- For book orders, we will try to obtain the most recent, least expensive edition of an item unless otherwise specified. We will purchase used books on request or if a book is out of print. You will be notified if a book is out of print, delayed, not yet published, more than $200, or unavailable.
- For new subscription requests, we will request that subscriptions begin with the next available issue unless you specify otherwise. We can get back issues of many journals.
- Journal subscriptions can be renewed by sending renewal notices to Deborah Bayles, Baker Library B71B.
- Materials are the property of HBS and will be delivered only to an on-campus address.
- For questions or concerns about an order, contact .
Types of Materials
- Working papers
- Journal and newspaper subscriptions (print or electronic)
- Memberships to professional organizations.
- Video and audio recordings
- Normal delivery time on books is 5-10 days. International and out of print titles may take longer.
- If you need an item more quickly, please select a desired shipping time on the purchase request form. Additional fees and shipping charges may be added for rush orders. The standard fee for rush orders is $10.00 plus expedited shipping charges.
- New journal subscriptions generally take 4-6 weeks for delivery to begin.