Baker staff is committed to providing timely acquisition of books, subscriptions, and other materials for faculty and staff research and office collections.
Common Material Types
- Journal and newspaper subscriptions (print or electronic)
- Memberships to professional organizations
- Video and audio recordings
Placing Orders/ Renewals
Self-service book orders
HBS faculty and staff can set up accounts and order books to be charged to their 33-digit account code. Click on the Login icon to register for an account using an HBS email.
Library staff mediated orders and renewals
- Books: We will try to obtain the most recent, least expensive edition of an item unless otherwise specified. We will purchase used books on request or if a book is out of print. You will be notified if a book is out of print, delayed, not yet published, more than $200, or unavailable.
- New subscriptions: We will request that subscriptions begin with the next available issue unless you specify otherwise. We can get back issues of many journals.
- Subscription renewals: Send renewal notices to Julia Brav, Baker Library 123A.
- Materials are the property of HBS and will be delivered only to an on-campus address.
Usage and Delivery
- Permission is required for posting full-text. Contact Case Services for assistance.
- Materials are HBS property and will be dellivered only to an HBS address.
- Normal delivery time on books is 5-10 days. International and out of print titles may take longer.
- Faster deliveries are available. Select the desired shipping time on the purchase request form. Additional fees and shipping charges will apply ($10.00 minimum).
- New journal subscriptions generally take 4-6 weeks for delivery to begin.