- A valid Harvard ID, HCL Research Assistant card, Harvard Extension School ID, or HBS Student Partner card is required. Students must be enrolled in a degree program to be eligible for borrowing.
- Proxy Borrowing on behalf of HBS Faculty is allowed by HBS RAs and FAs using the Proxy Patron Form accompanied by photo ID (see Request Forms).
- Mail the completed form or bring to the Stamps Reading Room Service Desk, Baker Library | Bloomberg Center.
- When checking out books, specify if they should be checked out to you or to the professor for whom you are a proxy.
- Many items in Historical Collections must be used on-site. Please see Historical Collections General Information and Services for more information.
|Type of Item||Loan Period|
|Books (Core Collection, stacks, and some Old Class), theses||Four weeks*|
|Audio books, videos, working papers||Two weeks*|
|Reserve items||Up to two hours inside the library|
|Journals, microfiche, microfilm, pamphlets||Non-circulating|
* HBS faculty and doctoral candidates may request an extended loan.
- To place a recall on a checked-out item, use the HOLLIS Catalog to look up the desired item and click Request Item, or ask us a question .
- A recall will shorten the due date and reserve it for the next borrower.
- You will be notified by e-mail when the book is returned.
- To renew an item, use the HOLLIS Catalog—My Account button, or ask us a question.
- Items can be renewed up to five times if no one recalls them.
- After five renwals, items must be returned but may be borrowed again immediately if no one is waiting to use them.
- Overdue item fine: 50 cents/day ($20 max).
- Recall item fine: $2.00/day in addition to the 50 cents/day ($48 max).
- Lost book fees: $120 (includes $100 replacement and processing fee plus $20 for overdue fines). With Recall, this fine could total $148.
- Non-receipt of overdue notices does not exempt the borrower from fines.