Below are selected databases that contain information to support paper topics focused on developing economies. Each description will indicate the scope and coverage stressing the strength of each source.
- EIU Data Services: City DataContains pricing information on more than 160 products and services in 140 cities worldwide. Data items range from household items, recreation and tourism, and salaries and labor costs.
- EIU Country ReportsProvides quarterly analysis and forecasts of the political, economic, and business environment in nearly 200 countries. Included in each report is a detailed review, and analysis of political and economic events, a compilation of the latest economic indicators, a twelve-to-twenty-four month political outlook and economic projection. Annual Country Profiles include statistical tables covering five years of the main macroeconomic indicators. Additional databases in the EIU collection: EIU Country Commerce, EIU Country Finance and EIU Country Data.
- GDF Online-Global Development FinanceThe time series for 200 indicators run from 1970 to 2014 where available. The indicators include external debt stocks and flows, major economic aggregates, and key debt ratios as well as average terms of new commitments, currency composition of long-term debt, debt restructurings, and scheduled debt service projections.
- Indiastat.com: Revealing India Statistically This is a source for socio-economic statistical data on India. Data includes: statistics on health, higher education, agricultural and industrial production information, economic statistics, and tourism. Also included is information on bank and financial institutions, companies, co-operatives, crime and law, population, foreign trade, labor and workforce, housing, media, power, transport, urban-rural settlements and others.
- ISI Emerging MarketsCurrent country and company information from more than 500 sources for emerging markets in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, and the Middle East. Arranged by country, this resource includes country profiles; macroeconomic statistics, forecasts, and analysis; reports on financial markets, companies, and industries; exchange rates; analyst reports; and business news.
- OneSource Global Business BrowserIncludes company profiles, news, business and trade articles, analyst reports, executive profiles, industry intelligence, and financial data. Strong U.S. coverage.
- Standard & Poor's Industry SurveysReports cover industry trends, forecasts, major players and market share data, key ratios, and statistics. Select the Industries tab to get a selection of the international industry surveys.