Finding Historic Financials
WRDS has financials for U.S. companies dating back to 1950. Below is an example of one of the many types of reports available through WRDS Tools.
- Go into the WRDS database.
- From the main page, click on COMPUSTAT North America.
- From the lower left under Tools, click on "Financial Statements - Quarterly Updated".
- On the next screen, under STEP ONE, select "Complete Financial Statements" from the pull-down menu.
- Under STEP TWO, select "Annually", and select the years "1950-1955" (This selection only permits annual view).
- Under Step Three, click on Code Lookup. Search for Sears, and find the ticker symbol for Sears. Enter ticker symbol in the Company Code box.
- Click on the button that says "Submit Request".
- Below is an example of the report retrieved. It can be copied and pasted in Excel if preferred.