Using the Analysis Function to Get Statistical Data on Deals and New Issues
Use the Analysis Function to list the amount of convertible debt to common stock issued annually from 1999 to 2002.
- Open the Global New Issues screen in SDC and in the box marked "Other", select "Medium-Term Loans" and "Syndicated Loans".
- In the Date Range select 1/1/99 to 12/3/2002.
- In the search items screen, select "Loan Type" and in the next box that comes up, click on "Convertible Debt, Common Stock" so that a red check mark appears to the left.
- Click on OK.
- Click on the Execute button.
Result: A total of 926 issues put out overall
Get an analysis of how many were issued each year.
- Click on the "Analysis icon".
- In the window that opens up, select "Issue Date Totals" and then click OK.
Clicking on this pull-down menu allows you also to do a more complicated, customized analysis (i.e., breakdown by quarters or months rather than years.)
Analysis Icon: Clicking on this button allows a simple preformatted analysis. The window that comes up once it is clicked is seen below.
- Give your report a title and click OK.
- Click on EXECUTE.
Your report will look like the screen below.
- Click on the pull-down menu from Document.
- Click on "Export/Save as" to save to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Use the following path to save it to the desktop: C://Documents and Settings/hbsuser/Desktop .