|Description of the Database|
Provides a range of public and private company and industry information, including company profiles, news, business and trade articles, analyst reports, executive profiles, industry intelligence, and financial data.
Current company and industry information. Financial data goes back as far as five years annually and eight quarters quarterly. SEC documents for previous twelve months.
- Corporate and company profiles
- Company competitors
- Financial statements, SEC filings, financial ratios
- Profiles of executives
- Industry reports
- Recent company and industry news
Worldwide (focus on United States and Canada)
Includes select sources such as Dun & Bradstreet, the Financial Times, the Investext Group, and ProQuest.
Reasons for using OneSource
- Covers more companies and a broader range of documents than Hoover's
- Exports data directly to a spreadsheet for further analysis
- Provides robust search features for peer listing
Alternative databases/differences from OneSource
- Accurate, succinct company overviews
- Good for IPO information
- Covers fewer companies, but has a hand-picked peer-screening
- Good for current information (latest news, stock quotes)
- Can search for topics through a vast number of respected news publications and trade journals
Baker Library | Bloomberg Center,
Harvard Business School, Soldiers Field, Boston, MA 02163,
Copyright © 2013 President & Fellows of Harvard College