Information is divided into the following main product groups:
- FirstCall Notes and International Notes: morning meeting notes and intra-day research broadcasts from more than 250 brokerage and investment research firms
- BondCall Direct: fixed income research notes from major bond houses, rating agencies, and other third parties.
- U.S. Earnings and Fundamentals: global earnings expectations and related data for the institutional and non-institutional markets around the world
- ReCall: historical earnings estimates from 1992 to the present
- Edgar: SEC filings from the EDGAR database
- Analysts Coverage: a way to find out which brokers and analysts are covering a particular company or industry
Note: Baker Library's contract with FirstCall does not include access to Estimates Direct or Insider Trading Monitor.
Click on one of the product groups on the left column of the screen to see the most recent headlines in that area. Use Commingled Research to search First Call Notes, BondCall Direct, and International Notes simultaneously.
- Ticker—You can specify up to ten tickers (company symbols), separated by a space or a comma. To look up the ticker symbol for a company, click on the Lookup Ticker button at the right side of the screen.
- Symbol Set—Symbol sets are different collections of Tickers and other symbols. S&P is the default set. If you enter a ticker, it must be in the currently selected symbol set for the search to succeed. You can also search All Symbol Sets or by Company Name.
- Portfolio—If you want to locate securities you track regularly, you may want to specify a portfolio you have saved previously or create a new one. You can search by both a portfolio and a ticker.
- Date Range—Specifies a particular date range to use when searching for headlines (one day to three years).
- Click on the Adv. Search button.
- Choose the sections to search, such as industries or countries.
- Select Criteria. Then choose the sub-items on the right-hand box and click the Include button.
- Choices are added to the bottom of the screen.
- Add as many items as desired.
- Save this search if this is a frequently researched topic.
- Enter a ticker symbol or company name in the box labeled Ticker/Company. To look up the ticker symbol for a company, click on the Lookup Ticker button at the right side of the screen.
- Choose U.S. Earnings or Fundamentals.
- Select a symbol set or All Symbol Sets or Company Name.
- Portfolio—To locate securities tracked regularly, specify a portfolio saved previously or create a new one. Select both a portfolio and a ticker to search.
- Click on "Download Report" to get Excel formatted files.
Use ReCall to find historical earnings estimates for companies from 1992 to the present, depending on the availability of the data.
- Either enter the ticker symbol(s), use an existing Portfolio, or build a list of tickers.
- Choose ReCall from the left side of the screen.
- Choose the dates to cover.
- Choose other options.
- Click on Search.