Finding Delisted Securities
Download daily stock prices for 2000-2001 for a company that is no longer trading. The company's name is Focal, Inc., and was acquired by Genzyme in July 2001.
- Double-click on the Datastream icon on the computer desktop. Make sure Excel is closed.
- In the Program Number box, type the word CODE and then press Enter.
- On the Keyword line, type the company name - skip Co., Inc., etc.
- Use the tab key to move to the Equity/Bond/Misc. line and type the letter D (for Dead) and press Enter.
- Copy the Datastream ticker or the 6-digit numeric code (either one will work) for the company.
- Close Datastream, open Excel, and use this newly found ticker or number as the code for Focal to get a listing of its stock price from 2000-2001. Follow instructions for Datastream - Using Excel.