Using the Request Table to get Bulk Data in Datastream
- Open Excel.
- Click "Add-Ins" at the top of the screen.
- To the left of the screen click "Datastream-AFO".
Figure 1: Opening a New Request Table in Datastream
- From the Datastream-AFO menu click "Request Table," then select "New Request Table". You will be prompted to save a new Request Table.
- For instructions on using this feature see pages 27-40 of the Datastream User Guide. (NOTE: User Guide also available from Datastream-AFO pull-down menu. Click "Online Manuals" and select "User Guide".)
Figure 2: Request Table Screen in Datastream
Here's what a populated request table looks like. Click "Process Table" to download the data.
Figure 3: Populated Request Table in Datastream
- Be sure to always have the "Update" column switched to "YES" or you won't be able to download data.
- To insert a worksheet click on the worksheet tab at the bottom left of the screen that looks like this .
- Request Type" TSL (time series list) pulls time series data for an entire list of codes.
- To create a local (custom) list from a set of Datastream codes in an Excel range, from the Datastream-AFO menu choose "Tools" then "Create List (From Range)". (For more on this, see the User Guide page 19.)
- You can download up to 5000 entries into an Excel spreadsheet. You can also upload lists of identifiers from other sources. (For more on this, see the User Guide page 33.)