Planning a Visit
- We encourage you to contact the Baker Library Historical Collections staff about
your research project, its intended outcome (dissertation, article, book, etc.), the collection(s) you are interested in, and the dates that you would
like to visit.
- Appointments are not required for qualified researchers, but some materials are stored offsite and require 2-3 days advance notice for retrieval.
- Visitors register to use the collections, presenting identification with a recent photograph and a current address when they arrive.
- Researchers can bring laptop computers, loose notepaper, and pencils into the Reading Room. Loose research notes are permitted on a limited basis. Spiral notebooks, bound notebooks, or binders can be placed in available lockers.
- Due to space limitations, we retrieve 5 items at a time from onsite storage and 10 items per researcher, per day from offsite storage.
- All duping requests are considered on a case by case basis, depending upon size, binding, condition, and copyright, donor, or other stipulations. Baker Library Historical Collections staff will determine whether material can be copied and will do its best to meet reasonable requests.
- We encourage patrons to view a brief, instructional video on Handling Harvard's Special Collections.
The de Gaspé Beaubien Reading Room is located on the first floor of Baker Library | Bloomberg Center. Parking on campus is limited; when available, a day permit for the Harvard Business School Visitor Parking Lot can be purchased at the guard booth.