Iowa Electric Light and Power Company
List of Deals
- 1967 $10,000,000 6 3/8% sinking fund debentures due July 1, 1992
- 1969 $20,000,000 first mortgage bonds, series K, due November 1, 1999
Iowa Electric Light and Power Company was incorporated in Iowa on May 25, 1925, as the Iowa Railway and Light Corporation. It changed its name to the Iowa Electric Light and Power Company in 1932.
The company was engaged primarily in the generation, transmission, distribution, and retail sale of electric energy and in the purchase, distribution, and retail sale of natural gas in Iowa. By 1967 Iowa Electric Light supplied electrical service to 51 counties in Iowa, including 271 incorporated cities and 112 unincorporated communities. The company also purchased natural gas, which it distributed at retail in 98 towns in Iowa, as well as towns in Minnesota, Colorado, and Nebraska. The company also supplied steam and hot water for heating and industrial purposes in three cities in Iowa.
Iowa Electric earned $7.4 million from revenues of $69.2 million in 1967, up from three years earlier when earnings amounted to $6.3 million with sales of $53.7 million.