Getting Started with the Business Manuscripts Collection
- There are records for nearly all of the Baker
manuscript collections in the HOLLIS Catalog, the online union catalog for Harvard
University. For more information, see the HOLLIS section of the Finding Resources page.
- Online records for the manuscript
collections provide basic information about the size, subject, scope, and content of the
collection. Select the Full View option to view the complete online record.
- Most manuscript collections also have a
finding aid, or collection inventory, that provides more detailed information about the
collection, including a list of the boxes and volumes contained in the collection.
- Some of these findings aids are available
online. Those that are not online are available through the Historical Collections Reading
Room. See the finding aids section of the Finding Resources page for more
information on finding aids.
- Some collections are stored off-site and require 2-3 days advance notice for retrieval, so researchers will need to consult the collection finding aid in order to determine what specific collection materials to order. No more than 10 volumes or containers per day per researcher will be ordered from off-site storage.
- Please contact
the Historical Collections reference staff if you are interested in ordering manuscript
- Note that some manuscript collections are divided among Harvard University repositories. For example, the business papers of Henry
Villard are in the Business Manuscripts Collection at Baker Library, while a collection of his personal
papers are located in the Houghton Library. Be sure to consult the HOLLIS Catalog, paying close attention to the Location section of the Full View record, to locate related manuscript materials.
Baker Library | Bloomberg Center,
Harvard Business School, Soldiers Field, Boston, MA 02163,
Copyright © 2013 President & Fellows of Harvard College