Description: News data and analysis about the energy, finance and media industries.
Energy covers the natural gas, coal, electric supply (nuclear, fossil fuel,etc.) and electric demand sectors. Maps of mines, power plants, etc. and regulatory agency filings are available. The Energy subscription is sponsored by Harvard Kennedy School Library & Knowledge Services and the Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business & Government.
Finance covers banks, thrifts, and property & casualty, health, and life insurance, including canary tests, regulatory filings and proprietary news.
Media includes industry and company level data on advertising, broadcasting, filmed entertainment & TV programming, Global Multichannel, Internet Media, TV networks, U.S. multichannel, and Wireless & wireline.
Except where otherwise indicated the coverage is U.S. only.
An Excel add-on is available.
- All modules may not be turned on for all accounts. Click on the gear icon in the upper right to turn on and off what you want.
- Harvard does not subscribe to the Real Estate or Metals modules.
- E-mail notifications are opt-out so you will need to uncheck them in your account preferences in order to not receive messages from SNL.
- Current HU faculty, students and staff
- Individual account required.
License is for matriculated students and North American based employees only.
Use of this database implies acceptance of our Copyright and Licensing Restrictions.