Description: A global database containing information on millions of companies.
ORBIS is a global company database, produced by Bureau van Dijk, that is unique in its breadth of geographies and extent of companies covered as well as the availability of private company financial information (depending on the country in which the company is located.) Think of ORBIS when you want to:
- Get extensive data about a company including locations of subsidiaries
- Screen for companies based on geography, financial performance, industry, deals, ownership structure, number of employees, year of incorporation and other criteria
- Compare a company to its competitors along multiple dimensions.
The paper "How to Construct Nationally Representative Firm Level data from the ORBIS Global Database" may be helpful.
- HU PIN
- Authorized Baker visitors
- HBS intranet link (for individual account set-up)
Use of this database implies acceptance of our Copyright and Licensing Restrictions.