Description: Data on public and private companies, investment firms, capital transactions, and people.
Provides sophisticated retrieval and personalization tools to create numerous reports.
- Stamps Reading Room workstations login information. (HBS only.)
- Request a Capital IQ account (Not available to MBA students during the internship period)
- Go to Capital IQ (Individual account holders. Uses HBS intranet credential).
Note: Our license with Capital IQ does not allow it to be used at all in conjunction with any outside organization, including for internships and field studies. Accordingly, Capital IQ access for MBA students ends June 1. Access for returning students begins on the first day of the fall term.
An Excel Add-on is available in the Financial Databases Room (FDR-4). Excel Add-ons are not available for individual MBA accounts.
We have access to the CIQ Key Developments and CIQ People Intelligence datasets via WRDS. Use the Compustat Link to access this data.
Key Developments provide structured summaries of material news and events that may affect the market value of securities.
It monitors over 100 Key Development types including executive changes, M&A rumors, changes in corporate guidance, delayed filings, SEC inquiries, and many more. Each Key
Development item includes announced date, entered date, modified date, headline, situation summary, type, company role, and other identifiers. History depends on the specific event
but generally back to the early 2000's.
Key Development Codes
People Intelligence covers over 4.5 million professionals and over 2.4 million people including private and public company executives, board members, and investment professionals, globally. Each professional in the Capital IQ database has a distinct profile which can include contact details, biography, education, job functions and titles, board memberships, compensation, insider activity, and options holdings.
- Current HBS faculty, doctoral and MBA students, and staff in the Stamps Reading Room or by request
- Harvard University faculty, graduate students (including MBA students) and researchers can request a WRDS account
- HU undergraduates may use WRDS in the Financial Databases Room.
Use of this database implies acceptance of our Copyright and Licensing Restrictions.